Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Crap that's been happening

Music: Green Day-When I Come Around

Well, it's been quite a while since I updated the ol' blog, so here I am. ^_^ My sister Tina got the job in Eau Claire, so she will be moving out soon. Which means that I may have to find another apartment. I am, of course, still seeking a job, but I remain optimistic that I will find something soon. About the apartment, though: I've located two so far. One is $600/month (utilities included, with a coin-operated washer and dryer), but it's still way too fuckin' expensive. Plus I wouldn't be able to keep my cat, which will only be an option if I become really desperate. The other one is $425/month, which doesn't seem too bad, but I'd have to pay another $425 for a security deposit, and another $425 for a pet deposit so I can keep my cat. That's a good $1275 just to move in, folks. The other 2 considerations would be renting a room for $325 (again, I probably wouldn't be able to keep Houdini), and a 2-room duplex (which would probably be incredibly expensive). At this rate I'm just considering staying put and putting up fliers for a roommate.

Anyhoo, I spent last Friday and Saturday in Eau Claire, for my younger sister's 21st birthday. It was probably the first time that the whole family was together in a very long time. We had dinner at an Italian restaurant called Mona Lisa's. It was pricy, but very good. Then we had cake at my sister's apartment. ^^

I've been reading Bushwacked by Molly Ivins and Lou DuBose. I will post more about that when I have finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home